Bonnie Ferrante describes herself as a hybrid author, having published both traditionally and self-published in a variety of media including: novels, short stories, newspaper articles, columns and picture books.
Bonnie lives in the awesomely-named Thunder Bay in Canada and has hobbies of illustrating, sewing, reading and being with her family which includes great-grandchildren.
Here are some highlights of our interview:
* I was surprised to discover that Bonnie has Parkinson's Disease and is soldiering on with her writing and illustrating with some adjustments to accommodate her condition. Total respect from me to this brave lady.
* Bonnie's reason for using a pen name made me chuckle
* I'm not sure what a Jodo Shinshu Buddhist Lay Leader does, but she sure sounds very zen and knowledgeable
* Bonnie is currently working on 4 new books. Wow!
* Total silence is required for Bonnie's writing and she has a very good explanation
* The story of Leya: Sphere of Vision Book 1's cover was a good lesson in genre-advertising
* I am totally on-board with Bonnie's idea of her book club being a wine club.
Click here for the full interview.
Title: Leya: Sphere of Vision Book 1
Genre: Young adult fantasy
Publisher: Single Drop Publishing
Release Date: October 19, 2014
In a world where eye color may determine your future, Leya is born with one green and one blue eye. Will this diminish her potential or provide the exceptional opportunity to become a Double Vision Mistress? Even if she fulfills her gifts, Leya must learn to control her impulsiveness and quick temper or she will be stripped of her powers in a painful and crippling ritual.