The term 'super hero' is kind of inappropriate here, with this chemically enhanced jokester with a devil-may-care attitude not being focussed on saving people, but on revenge. But don't be deterred, there is a hell of a lot to like in the adults only movie. My partner and I laughed most of the way through, apart from the times I cringed from the violence. Warning: it's not one for the faint-hearted.
- Pretty much everything really. The cast are really good. Ryan Reynolds (and his butt) as Deadpool; the beautiful Morena Baccarin as Vanessa; and the deliciously loathsome Ed Skrein as Ajax.
- The plot is actually pretty cool (shock horror) for a comic book movie. It opens with a visually spectacular action sequence which is intercut with the obligatory backstory of how Deadpool gained his super-healing powers. Basically he was diagnosed with terminal cancer and this mutant experiment was his only hope of survival. Of course, things didn't go quite to plan and there is a dastardly villain in need of terminating.
- The black humour is wickedly dark and the timing is so totally inappropriate as to be hilarious.
- Extra-special effects in the action scenes are totally incredible.
- There were a couple of X-men. I love the joke that the producers could only afford two.
- The opening credits are seriously funny and original.
- There is a beautiful love story at the heart of the movie.
- The violence was a bit graphic for my tastes, but I'm sure there are many hot-blooded young men who will find it right up their alley
- I loved it . Five stars and a round of applause from me.