As a graduate of the Institute of Children’s literature, while pursuing yet another writing course, Debbie Brown finds herself doing what she loves . . . learning and writing. The course gives her an excuse to just sit down and write. Over the years she has worked as a nurse, a teacher, a martial arts instructor and a CIC officer in the Canadian Forces. Her hobbies have varied from woodworking, to auto-mechanics, with music, painting, karate, holistic medicine, gardening and camping thrown into the mix. Let’s not forget reading. Debbie’s perfect cure for a long winter’s night is curling up in front of a fire with a good book while snowflakes drift slowly past the window.
* Debbie started writing under tragic circumstances and is an inspiration to all of us
* Her characters experience tragedy in the Amethyst Eyes series too
* Debbie's characters write themselves, that sounds like a winning idea - just put your feet up and let the novel write itself. Hmm ... perhaps that's not quite as easy as it sounds.
* Her CV is very diverse and impressive
* There is no time in Debbie's life for writers' block
* I love the way she describes the person who inspires her
* I can't wait to see her the number one thing on Debbie's bucket list
See the full interview here
Title: Amethyst Eyes: The Legend Comes to Life
Author: Debbie Brown
Genre: Science Fiction & Fantasy
Publisher: Howling Wolf / Ravenswood Publishing
Release Date: October 25, 2014
Amethyst Eyes 2 Synopsis:
Three years after his arrival onboard, Tommy begins Specific Training to assume his place in his father's society. The transition to adulthood, laden with unexplored emotions and overwhelming responsibilities, have made this unstoppable change too much to handle. Tommy wants to go back home, to Earth, to a way of life he'd been forced to leave behind. An unforeseen attack on his father, a disaster on Earth, and the added weight of responsibility take their toll on the young man, who suddenly finds himself struggling to save the ones he loves.