A solstice occurs when the Sun appears to reach its most northerly or southerly excursion relative to the celestial equator on the celestial sphere. Two solstices occur annually, around June 21 and December 21. Seasons of the year are determined by reference to both the solstices and the equinoxes.
The term solstice can also be used in a broader sense, as the day when this occurs. The day of a solstice in either hemisphere has either the most sunlight of the year (summer solstice) or the least sunlight of the year (winter solstice) for any place other than the Equator. Alternative terms, with no ambiguity as to which hemisphere is the context, are "June solstice" and "December solstice", referring to the months in which they take place every year.
The word solstice is derived from the Latin sol ("sun") and sistere ("to stand still"), because at the solstices, the Sun's declination appears to "stand still"; that is, the seasonal movement of the Sun's daily path (as seen from Earth) stops at a northern or southern limit before reversing direction.
We are celebrating the June 21st Solstice with a fun blog tour Scavenger Hunt.
Solstice Scavenger Hunt
FSF Readers Lounge Presents its first ever Solstice Scavenger Hunt. Running from June 16th to June 29th - 19 authors joined forces to offer readers a chance at $75 cash via PayPal and 19 eBooks as a Grand Prize! 38 secondary prizes (an eBook from one of our participating authors) will be given to randomly chosen participants with the correct answer.
To play for a chance to win, you must go to each of the authors sites listed below, collect the "hidden" word(s), unscramble them, and then enter to win!
Enter the Rafflecopter Here
Entering does not enter you into anything! You have the option to choose who to subscribe to and who to follow - the only requirements are
1- you must follow the Facebook page for the Readers Lounge in order to get the winners announcement and -
2- use the link to enter the giveaway, but I hope you choose to follow the wonderful authors participating in this hunt!
$75 Cash via PayPal
eBooks up for prizes:
A Bit of Magic
Curse Breaker: Enchanted
Ian's Realm Saga
The Fox and The Hunter
The Glass Gargoyle
The Hand of Atua
This Cursed Flame
Witch's Moonstone Locket
Make sure to visit all the sites to gather all your words! Happy Hunting!
Click on each author's name to go to their blog and find the key word.
Rennie St. James
Selina J. Eckert
Marsha A Moore
* Azimuth by Rennie St. James https://writerrsj.com/blog/
* The Glass Gargoyle by Marie Andreas http://faeriesdragonsspaceships.blogspot.com/
* This Cursed Flame by Selina J. Eckert https://sjeckert.wordpress.com/…/solstice-scavenger-hunt-20…
* The Fox and The Hunter by Linn Tesli https://linntesli.com/blog/
* Witch's Moonstone Locket by Marsha A Moore https://marshaamoore.blogspot.com/…/solstice-scavenger-hunt…
* Elven Jewel by Kasper Beaumont http://huntersofreloria.weebly.com/kaspers-ramblings
* Wolves' Gambit by PJ MacLayne http://www.pjmaclayne.com/mountain-musings/
* Ian's Realm Saga by D.L. Gardner https://diendrial.wordpress.com
* Dragon Blood by Katie Cherry https://www.facebook.com/KatieCherryFantasy/
* The Shikari by Dora Blume (DM Staley) www.dorablume.com
* Sleepless Flame by Odin Oxthorn (Ox Woden) https://www.odinsmusings.com/
* The Hand of Atua by Charity Bradford charitywrites.blogspot.com
* Schrodinger's Cat by Eileen Schuh http://eileenschuh.blogspot.com/
* Shadow's Hand by Noelle Nichols www.noellenichols.com
* Forever People by Alison Lyke http://www.alisonlyke.com/blog
* A Bit of Magic by Mae Baum https://maebaum.com
* Curse Breaker: Enchanted by Melinda Kucsera https://melindakucsera.com/blog/
* Bonded by Cheryllynn Dyess www.cheryllynndyess.com
* Tattoos by Stacy Overby www.thisisnothitchhikersguide.com
Elven Jewel prize from Kasper
This fantasy adventure begins when the magical continent of Reloria is threatened by cruel, scaly invaders called Vergai from the wastelands of Vergash. These invaders are barbaric and are intent on destroying the protective elven forcefield and conquering peaceful Reloria. The Vergais’ plan is to steal the Elven Jewel which is the key to the Relorian defence system.
Halfling friends Randir and Fendi and their bond-fairies are the first to discover the invaders and they embark on a quest to save the Elven Jewel. They leave their peaceful farm village with their fairies and race against time to stop the invaders. They join forces with dwarves, elves, men and a mysterious dragon, and call themselves the Hunters of Reloria.
Enter the Rafflecopter Here
to win $75 and these awesome books