Ever since she was a child, author E.A. Hennessy has wished for adventures. Now's she's all grown up, her love of travel and adventure hasn't dimmed. It has morphed into adventurous fantasy writing in her Steampunk adventures and also a love to travel.
Now EA works as an environmental engineer (which sounds very Steampunky) too, and she lives in Buffalo, New York.
EA cites her hobbies as making nerdy candles and dancing.
Here are a few of the best bits:
* Grigory's Gadget came out of a previous story of EA's called The Necklace of Time with the addition of pirates.
* There are some real-life inspirations for some of her steampunk ideas.
* EA enjoys listening to soundtracks such as The Pirates of The Caribbean while writing.
* American Tribal Style dancing is not what I had thought it would be.
* I had no idea EA's favourite food was a thing. Lesson learned.
* We'd better duck if she gets her superpower wish
You can read all of this and more at our interview here.
EA's latest release is Grigory's Gadget
Lodninsk, Morozhia is a frozen, industrial wasteland. Isolated by steep mountains and ruled by an authoritarian government, it isn’t anyone’s idea of home-sweet-home.
Zoya and her friends Demyan, Lilia, Anya, and Nikolai decide to leave their freezing home to start a new life. They set their sights on the tropical paradise of Mirgorod, Vernulaia, where they can study at its prestigious university while taking in the sun and sand…but nothing ever goes so smoothly.
When pirates attack their passenger ship, the friends are shanghaied and forced to be part of their crew. What’s more, the pirates have a particular interest in Zoya’s family heirloom: a small gadget of compacted wires and gears. Unsure what power the gadget holds, Zoya knows she must protect it with her life.
Trapped with pirates, caught in the struggle for the mysterious gadget, will Zoya and her friends be able to make it safely to their new home?