"Build it and they will come." The field of dreams quote is very relevant for this situation.
On the 13th of December 2018, I said to my friend Cheryllynn, "Hey CeeCee, wanna start a new author group? I want to run a writing challenge." She said yes. That could be the end of the story but it truly is only the beginning. Shortly after we created it, another author friend named Marsha Moore asked if she could help and have a linked group for readers. Thus the FSF Author Support group and the FSF Readers' Lounge were born.
A short 5 weeks later we have:
* 500+ members in the Readers' Lounge
* a massive Kick Off Party underway, followed by regular weekly author hosting with genre-themed weeks
* coming attractions including Sales, promos, opportunities to be a Beta reader and sneak peaks of new novels
* a newsletter with regular updates
* 300+ members in the Author support group
* a daily writing challenge with over 600,000 words written in just 3 weeks
* writing tips, excerpt feedback, a place to meet and discuss all things writing
* an interactive map with author locations
A huge thank you to all the founding members.
The founding members are Kasper Beaumont (author group coordinator), Cheryllynn Dyess - Author (admin, newsletter, birthdays, graphics...) Marsha A Moore (admin, Readers Lounge coord), Sharon M Johnston (mod, content, tweets), LaTanya Hawkins (mod), Michelle Dare (mod, content), Esme Wilde (mod, content), Avril Sabine (mod, content), A.W. Cross (Twitter coord) Robin Lythgoe (graphics).
Come and join us:
Author Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/969078436632998/
Readers' Lounge: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2043978469031165/