Lori is the author of The Dragon’s Message and the Wood & Stone series. Medieval literature is her passion, and she wishes she could spend more time cosplaying at the Renaissance Faire and shouting “Huzzah” at jousts.
Lori joined me at the Fantasy Sci-Fi Network for an author interview and chat about her latest novel: Love Lies Bleeding: Wood & Stone part one The Lady of the Forest. I'm delighted that she brought her little dog Cocoa along to play with my Rustic Warrior spaniel.
You can read the full interview on the FSFNet website: here.
* Cocoa, of course. Lori is trying to make him her familiar.
* Lori's inspiration for writing eventuated into a job. Huzzah!
* There's a hidden meaning behind her book title
* A love of all things medieval and Renaissance meant that a trip to England was at the top of Lori's bucket list.
* You'll have to read her fave quote to believe it. It's a good one.
* Lori's a Star Wars fan. Yay!
* I am especially liking Lori's superpower and am a bit jealous I don't have it.
Make sure to check it out at the Fantasy Sci-Fi Network.
Here is Lori's novella:
Love Lies Bleeding: Wood & Stone, Part One The Lady of the Forest.
Aislin's life wasn't always a wasteland of brittle grass and empty survival on her family's medieval farm. As a child, Aislin's wild heart was nourished with dreams of forest adventure, tales of a terrible creature within its depths, and a special game played with a willow tree. Now, years later, Aislin is sent to the forest's edge on her father’s errand and discovers an old message, carved into the willow…