What a scoop! I'm excited to introduce a well-known editor and blossoming author to our Fantasy Sci-Fi Network.
Kate Foster is the editorial director of Australian publishing house: Lakewater Press and also does freelance work and judges writing competitions.
Her first novel is Winell Road: Beneath the Surface, which was published in 2015 by Jet Black Publishing. There is a sequel due out in 2016.
- Her reason for choosing a pen name
- The fact that she wrote the ending of her story before the beginning (hmm ... that's tricky)
- Kate and her cover designer think similarly
- She admits to being a 'Twitterhead' which is a thing, apparently ;-)
- She has the actors picked out already for her movie and audiobook, yes, this lovely lady has big plans for the Winell Road series
Twelve-year old Jack Mills lives at 5 Winell Road and has probably the world's weirdest neighbours. Like freakishly weird. And to top it off, he lives with Mum: nosy, interfering, a hideous cook, and Dad: unsuccessful inventor of the Camera Belt and Self-Closing Window. All in all, it's a boring, embarrassing, dead-end place to live.
So when Jack arrives home from school one day, a close shave with a UFO is the last thing he expects. But the fact it doesn't abduct him, and that no one else, not even Mum, sees the gigantic flying saucer hovering over the street, adds a whole new layer of strange.
Soon after, an alien encounter threatens Jack’s life and he becomes embroiled in a galaxy-saving mission. With the assistance of his new neighbour, frighteningly tall Roxy Fox, he discovers Winell Road is hiding secrets—secrets Jack might wish he'd never uncovered.
You can check out Kate's work on Amazon.